MENU

A Portuguese built Fort between 1512 to 1550 until the Dutch later added a structure which they named "Middleburg" Circa in late 1660 to 1670. A huge sewerage pipe dated 1895 also found. The Heritage Department will excavate and expose the southern side of the foundation of the fort's walls and its six bastions before using late rite stones from Malacca's Pulau Upeh to reconstruct the fort. The department will also conserve and restore the 23 historical structures within the fort's confines.

Last Updated: Saturday, 16 December 2017 - 12:47am